- M.Ellman, What did the study of the Soviet economy contribute to mainstream economics?
Comparative Economic Studies 2009 no.1. Russian translation Вопросы Экономики [Voprosy ekonomiki] 2010 no.3.
- M.Ellman, Regional influences on the formulation and implementation of NKVD order 00447,
Europe-Asia Studies vol 62 no.6 August 2010.
- M.Ellman, What did the study of transition economies contribute to mainstream economics?
Japanese Journal of Comparative Economics January 2013 (vol.50 no.1). Russian translation Что исследование переходных экономик дало мейнстриму экономической теории? Вопросы Экономики [Voprosy ekonomiki] 2012 no.8.
- M.Ellman, Socialist planning 3rd ed (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 2014) (1st ed 1979, 2nd ed 1989).
- M.Ellman, The UK’s Coalition government and heterodox economics, Cambridge Journal of Economics vol. 39 no.5, September 2015.
- M.Ellman, Russia’s current economic system: From delusion to Glasnost, Comparative Economic Studies vol.57 no.4, December 2015.
- S.Nefedov & M.Ellman, The development of living standards in Russia before the First World War: An examination of the anthropometric data, Revolutionary Russia 2016, vol. 29 no.2. Russian translation, О динамике уровня жизни в России, 1874—1912 гг, Вестник Южно-Уральского государственного университета, Серия «Социально-гуманитарные науки» 2018, 18(1).
- M.Ellman, Lest they be forgotten: Inequality in non-capitalist economies during the 20th century, real-world economics review, issue no.86, 10 December 2018: 106-118.
- M.Ellman, Money, Prices and Payments in Planned Economies, in S.Battilossi et al (eds) Handbook of the History of Money and Currency (Springer: Singapore, 2019).
- M.Ellman, János Kornai and the systems approach (under submission).
- Paper presented at annual convention of AAASS (= American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies), Boston USA, 14 November 2009. Also discussant at another panel of this convention.
- Paper presented at Institute of Economics, Moscow, Russia 15 October 2009.
- Paper presented at World Congress of Central and East European Studies, Stockholm July 2010.
- Paper presented at Workshop on Russia & China, Stanford University, 25 July 2011.
- Keynote address at JACES (= Japanese Association for Comparative Economic Studies) 52nd annual conference, Tokyo, June 2012 (paper prepared but presented on my behalf as I was unable to attend in person as result of accident).
- Retirement conference – Against the Mainstream, University of Amsterdam, 8 June 2012.
- ‘What have we learned from the Soviet archives?’, Conference in Uppsala, Sweden, 10-11 May 2013. Presentation, ‘Was the 1932/33 famine genocide? Archival vs legal interpretations’.
- Participant in conference on ‘Mass violence and genocides in Ukrainian lands in the 1930s-1940s’ December 1-2, 2016, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Presentation (‘Inequality in a non-market economy’) at DOC-RI (Dialogue of Civilisations Research Institute) conference on ‘Inequality, economic models, and the Russian October 1917 revolution in historical perspective’) Berlin 23-24 October 2017.
- Presentation (‘Two books then and now’) at LSE conference ‘Reevaluating the Soviet collapse: Domestic and international frameworks of politics and economics’. London 23 March 2018.
- Presentation ‘Recent developments in the Russian economy’, BASEES, Cambridge 13 April 2018.
Last Update: Fri 28 Dec 2018